Returns

mjbarr99

Silver Supporter
Mar 20, 2016
Albuquerque, NM
Anyone know what type of return this is? It just slips into the pvc piping but some of them are getting loose and I want to replace them. I can remove the eyeball, however.

Attachments

• IMG_1107.jpg
    IMG_1107.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1108.jpg
    IMG_1108.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 2
Looks like this one.

Looks like this one.

Hi there - is there any way to "knock" these in without having to drain the pool below the inlet? I've tried with a 3lb dead blow but no luck. I really don't want to drain if I don't have to. Thanks for any pointers.

Hi there - is there any way to "knock" these in without having to drain the pool below the inlet? I've tried with a 3lb dead blow but no luck. I really don't want to drain if I don't have to. Thanks for any pointers.

I think you have the wrong size. Mine pop in and out very easily. Barely any force at all.

PXL_20230519_200348341.jpg
On the right is the one I took out using car panel tools and on the left is the one I'm trying to replace it with. Same size so I know it should fit...just cannot manage. Even thought to try a bit of petroleum jelly but still no luck....I'm sure it's a simple tap once pool is drained to below the pipe but wanted to avoid.

View attachment 493566
On the right is the one I took out using car panel tools and on the left is the one I'm trying to replace it with. Same size so I know it should fit...just cannot manage. Even thought to try a bit of petroleum jelly but still no luck....I'm sure it's a simple tap once pool is drained to below the pipe but wanted to avoid.
Ok. A file and some sand paper did the trick to shave it down a notch. Whew.

Reactions: newdude
The pipe/return doesn't turn does it? If you look into the return how far back does it go? You could try sanding down the new one too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.