Return Line Leak - Skimmer

May 16, 2018
New York
Hello,

Hoping to get some assistance. After some detective work, I'm confident that I have a skimmer leak and unfortunately it's coming from the plumbing - not the face plate or interior of the skimmer. With the pump off the pool holds water fine. I unplugged my jets, and the pool holds water. When I remove the plug on the skimmer closes to my filter, I'm losing water quickly and it stops once the water no longer can enter the skimmer. Do I start digging ? Thankfully I do have sand removable brick around the skimmer - but the actual pipe goes under concrete. I'm thinking that I need to gently dig around to find where the pipe connects to the skimmer. Surprisingly, I do not see any bricks sinking around the skimmer which I would have expected if water was leaking out. Anyone have thoughts on what my next step is ? Thanks

Ed

Hello Ed. :wave: You posted this Sunday. Did you start the digging process already? Curious if you still needed help with that potentially leaking skimmer. If you still need anything, let us know. It might also help if you could update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info that we can refer to later. Good luck over there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.