Results question

Jun 8, 2014
Rogers, AR
Other than chlorine I rarely have to add anything to my pool. The numbers stay solid. Last year I used less than two cups of MA all summer (Mar through Nov) This year I am a little concerned. My ph keeps rising. We have had a ton of rain and I dumped the solar cover this year so that may play into that. This was the third time I have added MA. The first two times it was up to 7.6 Last night my ph was up to 8.2 yikes. I lowered it down to 7.2 and this morning I ran full set of tests.

FC 6
CC 0
pH 7.2
TA 40
CH 50
CYA 30

For the last two years my CH has been running 75 and my TA 50 it never budges and my PH was very stable. I run some Fiber Clear in filter and my pool looks great but do these numbers seem okay?

Any new water features like fountains or a mess of kids playing in the pool this year that weren't there last? Your TA doesn't appear to be dragging your pH up as its pretty low.

Are you sure you're using full strength MA? Folks often mistakenly buy the half strength stuff and realize it later.

Otherwise, I'd say your numbers are fine. See here -->Pool School - Recommended Levels

Maddie :flower:

Okay thanks, No new features. I just was worrying about the TA and CH dropping too low. If it is fine there I will leave them. I will up the CYA up to 50 in a few weeks as the weather warms up. The water just hit 70 yesterday.

I always end up at 30 in the spring with all the rain and backwashing and I usually ride it out until the water hits 80 then I bring that CYA up.

The MA is full strength I just emptied my first two pack I bought from Home Depot three years ago. I use so little.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.