Resolved thanks! Lock Ring and Eyeball

Jan 5, 2023
Cincinnati Ohio
Thanks everyone! I had to take a pair of pliers to unscrew the piece from the wall. Then I could use the entire new assembly SP1419D. Much appreciated!

Hi there! The lock ring for my inground pool return broke. On the lock ring, it shows the model number SP1419-D-1. I didn't find that exact model number online so I called Hayward. Hayward said that the part number I need is SPX1419D1.

My issue is that my old pool lock ring was tan (not sure if that's due to the age or if it came that color), but I want to replace both the lock ring and the eyeball so they are both white. I asked Hayward what the part number is that comes with both the lock ring and the eyeball. They couldn't figure it out. The guy I spoke to said he thought it was SP1419D. I have already tried that part and the lock ring doesn't screw on correctly and it isn't the correct size.

If anyone can help in telling me what part number I need to buy that will come with both the lock ring and the eyeball I would greatly appreciate it!

Last edited:
Welcome to TFP.

I think you are asking about Hayward directional eyeballs. These are the part numbers and sizes:

• Hayward Directional Flow Inlet Fitting - Eyeball 1 1/2" Slotted - SP1419A
  • Hayward Directional Flow Inlet Fitting - Eyeball MIP 3/8" - SP1419B
  • Hayward Directional Flow Inlet Fitting - Eyeball MIP 1/2" - SP1419C
  • Hayward Directional Flow Inlet Fitting - Eyeball MIP 3/4" - SP1419D
  • Hayward Directional Flow Inlet Fitting - Eyeball MIP 1" - SP1419E
  • Hayward Directional Flow Inlet Fitting - Insider Hydrostream 3/4" - SP1421D
Hayward_Inlet_Fitting_Eyeball.jpg

Post pics of what you have on your pool and what you are looking for.

You may need to replace the entire return assembly. It should be threaded into the FIP fitting in the wall.
Thanks for the reply! I think that is my issue as I couldn't get the part that is screwed into the wall to come off and I didn't want to damage the pool. Now that I have that loose I will just replace the entire assembly. Thanks!

Reactions: Newdude and JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.