Researching a new above ground pool, any suggestions?

Hoss81

Apr 6, 2021
Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
I'm looking for a replacement above ground pool (21x41). I've done a little bit of research but was wondering if anybody had advice on a good mfg.
I will be installing the pool myself.

I've seen a few pools claim a 40-60 yr corrosion resistant warranty, any experience with if they would actually honor a collapsed pool claim due to corrosion?
Looking at 21x41 or 21x43 pools, must be saltwater ready in the event I ever get my salt generator working.

Hey Hoss !!! When it comes to the honking above ground pools, I defer to @nobueno. He lies through his teeth and built one that is very VERY bueno. Check out his build.

I wouldn’t pay much mind to the salt guarantees, or lack thereof. Liquid chlorine based pools end up around 5% of seawater and the SWG pools are 10%. The entire argument hinges on that 5% of seawater difference. But one is called a salt pool and it’s scary. If the pool is of poor quality it will rust from the morning dew / rain alone, not the water on the other side of an impermeable liner.

Wow, you like big pools! I figure that to be 24,000 gallons- I like it. Do you have some friends who could help you? Especially when it comes to putting the liner in?

Are you up for leveling the ground properly?

Maddie :flower:

So the new pool is going to go in the same spot where the previous 21x41 above ground has been sitting for the previous 27 yrs. So im assuming and hoping it is mostly level already.

You should have minimal digging. Those oval pools have straps that run under the pool from one straight wall to the other. If I were you, I'd get a buddy or 2 to help you install it. Glad you're getting a new one for the kids n wife. My kids n I loved our pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.