Raleigh, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
What's the best way to report Intellicenter bugs? Is there an email or web form?

Testing out the chiller on my UltraTemp and the Intellicenter web and app shows a flame when cooling while the panel shows the snowflake. Burned a few minutes checking settings and config in the web portal before I realized the simple bug.

@wgillette
I'll add your issue to an "unofficial" IntelliCenter punch list that I maintain on an excel spreadsheet and that I convey to someone I know there at Pentair from time to time.
Many of the items (bugs) that I have sent to Pentair have eventually been addressed in firmware updates.
However, just as many have not. There are many bugs that have persisted for years.

Fixes are very slow through the development to beta to public release update process.
Without going too deep, most of the problems stem from the fact that there is a finite resource issue (manpower, budgetary, talent pool etc. etc.)

You will find that most of these type of bugs reside at the IntelliCenter web-client and/or the android and iOS apps level. Very buggy platforms but they have improved since the Q4 2018 release.

Control at the OCP is pretty stable but who wants to stand there at the equipment pad scrolling through menus during the summer.

This is why you'll find that many here (including myself) have found peace and solace :p ,using the njspC pool controller instead of the 'high blood-pressure inducing' IntelliCenter web-client and phone apps.

Anyway, please try this... Some have had some success here.
Try sending Pentair a message on their Facebook page. http://facebook.com/pentair
Sometimes, complaints and issues work themselves up the correct food chain using this method and are addressed in future firmware/web-client/app updates. The reason issues seem to get a bit more attention here is that management seems to keep "eyes-on" this page.

I'll make sure that Pentair hears about your issue.
r.

Last edited:
Thanks @MyAZPool, appreciate you adding it to what I'm sure is a long list. I'll also send them a message. I'm in the software space too, so I get the limited resources. This is definitely a minor issue, but is a pretty obvious one.

One of my biggest surprises in putting in a pool is how primitive a lot of the software tech is. I'm seeing it with both Pentair and Coverstar.

Testing out the chiller on my UltraTemp and the Intellicenter web and app shows a flame when cooling while the panel shows the snowflake.
I noticed this too. You would think Pentair would do some test & evaluation and quality assurance checks on their flagship automation system. :rolleyes:

@MyAZPool any insight when we ge the next IntelliCenter firmware update?

Thanks,

Tony
@TonyR68
I have no insight when the next Firmware update will be released.
All I can say is that I am aware that they are actively working on several bug fixes and issues at this time.
Thanks...
r.

Reactions: TonyR68 and IsraelS
@TonyR68
I have no insight when the next Firmware update will be released.
All I can say is that I am aware that they are actively working on several bug fixes and issues at this time.
Thanks...
r.

@MyAZPool I have a bug to report. This is in regard to the desktop webpage on a PC that you access at IntelliCenter

After logging in on the Home Screen, it shows that all my circuits are turned off. When I go to "features" tab, it shows the ones that are turned on. When I GO BACK to the home page after that, they show up as on in the Home Screen.

So basically, to get an accurate reporting of what is on, I have to go to the features tab and then go back to the Home Screen.

Reloading the home screen without going to the features tab does not work to resolve it.

The versions on teh iOS apps seem to work fine.

@MyAZPool I have a bug to report. This is in regard to the desktop webpage on a PC that you access at IntelliCenter

After logging in on the Home Screen, it shows that all my circuits are turned off. When I go to "features" tab, it shows the ones that are turned on. When I GO BACK to the home page after that, they show up as on in the Home Screen.

So basically, to get an accurate reporting of what is on, I have to go to the features tab and then go back to the Home Screen.

Reloading the home screen without going to the features tab does not work to resolve it.

The versions on teh iOS apps seem to work fine.
@diamonddog
I concur. Although I never use the web-client except when attempting to replicate what others might be experiencing, mine does the same thing.
Although a slight inconvenience, it still is a "bug" and shouldn't work that way.
I tried it on FireFox, Chome and Safari. No diff.
I have it on my punch list however, please do me a favor.

Call Pentair Tech Support. Please report it and obtain a trouble-ticket number. Also please report what IntelliCenter Firmware version that you are currently using. I'm living on v1.047.
Then report back here with that number and I can use that number to cross-ref the issue when I bring those up from time-to-time.
Thanks.
r.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mdragger88
@diamonddog
I concur. Although I never use the web-client except when attempting to replicate what others might be experiencing, mine does the same thing.
Although a slight inconvenience, it still is a "bug" and shouldn't work that way.
I tried it on FireFox, Chome and Safari. No diff.
I have it on my punch list however, please do me a favor.

Call Pentair Tech Support. Please report it and obtain a trouble-ticket number. Also please report what IntelliCenter Firmware version that you are currently using. I'm living on v1.047.
Then report back here with that number and I can use that number to cross-ref the issue when I bring those up from time-to-time.
Thanks.
r.

I reported this to Pentair and spoke to Gabriel there.

I am using firmware 1.064

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
@MyAZPool

The 2.006 update created delays in status updates. For example, when changing pump RPM, it now takes ~10 seconds for IntelliCenter to display the correct RPM and wattage.

@MyAZPool
Thanks for tracking the bugs and reporting them. I have been using the IC for about 6 months now and have found dozens of bugs in all platforms. I have reported most of them to the email address they gave me: [email protected]
I generally get a generic reply indicating that it will be sent to the technical team for resolution. So far, nothing has been fixed, and I have not seen any new releases other than the 2.006 which has failed and has been pulled.
At this point, I am giving up on reporting issues, as it is clear they are already aware of plenty of fixes they need to do. They just need to get busy and fix some stuff.
For now, I will just use the workarounds I have.

Has anyone noticed/reported an issue with freeze protection unchecking itself from circuits? I just got the firmware update a few weeks ago and assume my pool circuit became unchecked then.

Luckily I was watching and noticed that it was never switching from spa to pool, but geez that seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen if they damage thousands of people's equipment during a hard freeze.

Has anyone noticed/reported an issue with freeze protection unchecking itself from circuits? I just got the firmware update a few weeks ago and assume my pool circuit became unchecked then.
Are you still running 2.006 or have reverted back to a prior release as Pentair recommended?

I assume it is 2.006, but I don't want to walk out there to check. I missed the part where Pentair said to revert to a prior version. Is it due to the Freeze Protection, or are there other issues?

I assume it is 2.006, but I don't want to walk out there to check. I missed the part where Pentair said to revert to a prior version. Is it due to the Freeze Protection, or are there other issues?
Many issues have been found in 2.006 and Pentair pulled the update from its website.

Pentair pulled 2.006 update and recommends reverting back to your prior version. It just takes a few clicks. See Pentair Automation Systems - Further Reading for step by step instructions.

Reactions: JJ_Tex
@JJ_Tex
Here is what Pentair had to say about this mess. ;)
Message regarding v2.006
r.

Luckily I was watching and noticed that it was never switching from spa to pool, but geez that seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen if they damage thousands of people's equipment during a hard freeze.

Check out here. Intellicenter Users - Freeze Protection warning

Freeze protection will uncheck only on pool and spa circuits after a power event or a reboot. This freeze protection issue was corrected with 2.006 but a lot of folks have seen issues with that FW. I did not see any issues so I have not reverted back to 1.064. I still check on freeze protection regularly.

--Jeff

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.