Replacing Hayward Universal Colorlogic LCUN1000

Seaweed81

May 11, 2022
Katy, TX
Hi all, new to the forum. I moved to a house roughly 2 1/2 years ago, for the first couple years was scared of the pool all together and had it done by someone else. I realized one day when I needed to a little research goes a long ways and have started doing everything myself. I have 2 of the Colorlogic LCUN1000 and one Spa light of the same, but the smaller LSCUS11000. When we moved in one of the lights was out, followed shortly after the second one, and then finally the spa light. I had someone look at them confirmed light were out. While learning pool equipment for other reasons, I decided I was going to order lights and do it myself. I verified I have 14V coming out of the transformer, and then took the lights out to verify model and niche. That's where my research has started to fail to an extent. Has anyone had success changing to a different light with that niche that fits these lights. From my reading it's one of the smallest niches, and the people that looked at it said that was my only option. I'm thinking I could do modifications and change niche, but really wasn't wanting to do that. My biggest fear is I put these new expensive lights in and they go out in 2 years. The pool was built somewhere around 2014/2015. The lights have power to them, and they will come on for like 2-5 seconds and go off, if you change colors they also will flash on or off for a second, but then go off, so I'm assuming I have the same water intrusion problem and failed board I've read about.

Thanks for any help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.