Replacement Pump/Motor for Sta Rite Dyna Glas

Floor systems are a horrible design and they waste a lot of power/energy.

A pool with a floor system might be the only pool type that will not benefit from a variable speed pump if you need to have only high speed and power.

The 348185 Max-E-Pro Pool Pump 1.1 THP NEMA Premium Efficient TEFC 115/208-230VAC at 60hz 0.61 HHP is probably the closest you can get to your current pump.

If you went with an IntelliFlo VSF, then you could probably run slower most of the time even if the pop-ups are not creating a lot of force.

You might only need to run at higher speeds for and hour or two.

In any case, you should have enough information to make an informed decision about which pump will work best for you.
Thank you, James. I apologize if it came off like I was shooting the messenger.

Variable speed pumps have been around for years, its telling that a govt. agency now has to force us to buy them. I also don't buy into the efficiencies of EV vehicles. But that is for a different day.

Reactions: JamesW
Variable speed pumps have been around for years, its telling that a govt. agency now has to force us to buy them.
Builders are notorious for putting on 1.5 to 2 hp pumps that use 1,500 watts to 2,000 watts when that is way more than necessary.

The builders don't pay for the customer's electricity, so they don't really care about the cost.

In my opinion, it is a good and necessary thing to require variable speed pumps.

Most pools can operate at 200 watts, which is about 1/10th the power in many cases.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.