Hershey PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60
New Circupool VS pump and RJ45 SWG coming tomorrow. The pic shows the current plumbing (minus the obvious filter which is a Hayward EC65 DE. The inline chlorinator will obviously go. The pipe along the back is a drain from the filter to waste.
Just trying to figure out the best arrangement. The current Superpump is bolted to a plastic (?) platform which connects together to a circular platform for the filter to sit on. You can see the connection from the current pump to the filter.
The pad is obviously not huge. I will need to be careful in placement and orientation of the components.
Im also going to gave to construct something to mount the SWG controller.
Any suggestions/comments advice welcomed!

Attachments

• 7F8292FB-D05B-4894-8A77-225678CD905C.jpeg
    7F8292FB-D05B-4894-8A77-225678CD905C.jpeg
    137.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 3EDCAB55-781B-4631-93B9-0F2E8A14844E.jpeg
    3EDCAB55-781B-4631-93B9-0F2E8A14844E.jpeg
    132.4 KB · Views: 26
Larger pictures with correct orientation would obviously make it easier to understand your setup.

From what I can see it looks like a vertical orientation for the SWG will fit best. You do not have a lot of horizontal room to mount it.

Sorry. Again. Here are the pics

Attachments

• 69C2EE6A-BC86-4CC4-8550-B0A1770A7C01.jpeg
    69C2EE6A-BC86-4CC4-8550-B0A1770A7C01.jpeg
    120.9 KB · Views: 18
  • A7AE9F3E-2FA2-4C77-BF2C-6F92F5B62A00.jpeg
    A7AE9F3E-2FA2-4C77-BF2C-6F92F5B62A00.jpeg
    137.1 KB · Views: 18
Vertical installation is acceptable with the circupool rj series.....I used a vertical installation with the removal of a chlorinator and it did fine last season. Circupool sells a kit for vertical installation although the fittings could be bought to make your own. As far as pump placement it would be best to turn the pump 180 degrees to avoid the suction line making the 180 turn to the pump fitting. Consider using union fittings at the suction and return sides of the pump.

Vertical installation is acceptable with the circupool rj series.....I used a vertical installation with the removal of a chlorinator and it did fine last season. Circupool sells a kit for vertical installation although the fittings could be bought to make your own. As far as pump placement it would be best to turn the pump 180 degrees to avoid the suction line making the 180 turn to the pump fitting. Consider using union fittings at the suction and return sides of the pump.
That was done by a local pool installation company who replaced my suction side lines two years ago. If you look closely, the original setup has the suction line coming from the ground right in front of the pump. I was not happy with the placement but they claimed it was fine... I think reversing the pump is a good idea. Thanks.
So there is nothing magical about the vertical installation kit from Circupool? My filter’ connection on the return side has a 90 degree exit facing downward, which I had hoped would be a match for the union at the top of the SWG. From there i’d Have to use two 90’s to link to the vertical pipe leading to the returns. I’ll have to procure these somewhere online, as pool stores are closed here in PA for not being “life-sustaining”.

So there is nothing magical about the vertical installation kit from Circupool?

Nope.

My filter’ connection on the return side has a 90 degree exit facing downward, which I had hoped would be a match for the union at the top of the SWG.

You also need to position the flow switch. See page 14 in https://www.circupool.com/assets/doc/CircuPool-RJ-PLUS-Manual.pdf

From there i’d Have to use two 90’s to link to the vertical pipe leading to the returns. I’ll have to procure these somewhere online, as pool stores are closed here in PA for not being “life-sustaining”.

Try

Thanks Allen. As far as vertical mounting per my “plan” is there an issue with gases produced in the cell potentially rising into the filter and if so, would that potentially cause problems?
Understood on the flow switch needing to be installed just before or after the celI. Instructions say I can count the cell as part of the “6 to 12 inches” of straight piping required prior to the flow switch so if I mount the flow switch after the cell, there should be no issues. I’ll measure it all out tomorrow, but I think all of the SWG can be mounted vertically between the vertical exit from the filter and a 90 degree turn to bring it to the return line ( the split for the two returns at the pool is underground). That will make the installation very clean.

Thanks Allen. As far as vertical mounting per my “plan” is there an issue with gases produced in the cell potentially rising into the filter and if so, would that potentially cause problems?

No. The SWG needs to be wired to a timer so that it only runs when the pump is on. The water flow will carry the gases generated out into the pool.

Understood on the flow switch needing to be installed just before or after the celI. Instructions say I can count the cell as part of the “6 to 12 inches” of straight piping required prior to the flow switch so if I mount the flow switch after the cell, there should be no issues.

Yes. And although the manual does not say so for safety it is best to place the flow switch where the water flow is up into it. If positioned with down water flow and the spring in the flow switch fails then gravity can cause the switch to close and the SWG to run with the pump off.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.