replacement nozzle?

DThompson55

Bronze Supporter
Jun 20, 2016
Manchester, CT
I'm looking at the broken pieces of the nozzle thing shoots water into our above ground pool. Hopefully you know what I'm talking about. It came apart into three pieces (a ball with a hole in it, a cover piece that traps the ball, and and a piece that screws into the wall) when I tried to replace it with a screw in plug to close the pool. So I'll want to replace it next year. I'm guessing they probably come in different diameters and thread sizes, so how would I know what to order? Or should I replace the entire thing that attaches to the side of the pool that houses the nozzle? And again I know nothing about pools.

it’s a called return fitting.

It’s 3 separate pieces and usually they get stuck/ welded together underwater. Coming apart is a good thing because you will be able to adjust its direction when you reinstall it. It will all go back together fine. Use Jacks lube (or equivalent) when reassembling and they will come apart after next year too. They almost never need replacing. If anything they may turn yellowish after 5 years in the sun. But they are pretty indestructible.

Reactions: DThompson55
No, I've destroyed it trying to get it out. I definitely need to replace it. The end cap came off under water. The ball part fell to the bottom of the (covered) pool, and the part that screws into the wall of the pool required a pipe wrench to remove. Said pipe wrench destroyed the outside threads that the end cap would screw onto, so ... I think a replacement is required.

I think the reason that part would not come out easily in the first place was its threads or diameter didn't match he wall piece it screws into precisely, so it got jammed in last spring. Not knowing anything about pools, I imagine these parts should fit together easily, but I get most things wrong about pools.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.