Replacement Impeller

Gris

Sep 22, 2019
SC
Hello. My 1 HP motor finally gave up on my Pentair Pinnacle. I bought the same model as the existing to replace it. While taking apart the assembly, I started to consider replacing any worn parts. While inspecting the impeller, I noticed some groves worn into the part that nest inside the diffuser. So I did a search for a replacement and came to find out that the impeller I have is for a 1/2 HP. it seemed to work fine for years. So my question is, do I need to replace it due to small grooves, because it is for a 1/2 HP and what difference will I see if I get one designed to run with a 1 HP? And if I should replace, does anybody know the correct part/model# thanks image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    336.9 KB · Views: 5
Those grooves are where the impeller came in contact with something, probably debris, that lodged between the impeller and the diffuser. If it has worked previously, I see no reason to replace, unless the wall is so thin you think it might break off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.