Replacement for a Hayward Northstar pump body

Feb 28, 2009
College Station, Texas USA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Looking ahead to a possible replacement of what has to be a 20 or more years-old Hayward Northstar Pump body.

The current pump body has some pinhole/hairline cracks that are leaking in the neck area of the discharge port. When I disassemble it, the inside of the discharge port has what I would call gashes or nicks in it. Strange to see that, unless something went through the pump and kinda messed things up OR the plastic is brittle from age and starting to disintegrate.
So, while I am trying JB Weld to seal things up as s stopgap measure, I am also looking ahead to a replacement of this pump body. I can find an exact replacement online, but according to one website, Hayward stopped making this in 2008?? So, a "new" one that happens to be in stock at some online retailer seems like would be 14 years old or older.

I am seeking recommendations on a more current direct replacement for this older pump body.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.