Replacement filter

Esz

May 17, 2016
Lakewood New Jersey
Hey I need some advise,
I have a Hayward 7220 de filter that’s 12 years old and I starting seeing DE on the return when backwashed. It probably makes more sense to replace the filter vs buying grids. Does anyone know if there are larger DE filters available? Would like to upsize. Thanks

I thought 72 sqft was the biggest I have seen. They make some HUGE sand filters and cartridge filters.

What is your pool size? Please fill out your signature.

Why do you think you need a bigger DE filter?

I thought 72 sqft was the biggest I have seen. They make some HUGE sand filters and cartridge filters.

What is your pool size? Please fill out your signature.

Why do you think you need a bigger DE filter?

How do you fill out the signature? Can’t find it on Tapatalk. Just found out that jandy makes a 100 de filter, anyone out there have any experience with it? I have a 50000 gallon pool.

You can't do the signature in Tapatalk. Must be done on the forum website.

That is a big pool, so I suppose going big on the filter might be a good idea :D

Really 100 sqft is smaller than I would recommend if you had a longer season, but up in NJ, that might be fine. Or go to a 520+ sqft cartridge filter.

No a cartridge filter. I have a 60 sqft DE and if I ever need to replace it, I am going to a large cartridge and forgetting about messing with the DE.

- - - Updated - - -

The 100sqft Pentair Quad DE is the biggest one I am aware of ... I forgot about those before.

Got the 100sq ft filter this season and it seems to do the trick, I also have a 50k pool, the water looks cleaner and as long as you keep up with the chemicals you probably have to backwash every 4-6 weeks. If you get it splurge on the multi port valve, it’s well worth the $.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.