Replaced pool tiles and had to drain- Best practices for refill?

Gigama

Apr 26, 2015
Denton Texas
I hope all of you are enjoying your summer. I am getting my pool tiles replaced, so I will have to refill later this week. I have a 15k gallon plaster pool. I am going to take water sample to Leslies for a full test, but wanted to get an idea of the steps I will need to take when adding chemicals. I am assuming once refilled, I would start with CYA, and then add cholorine the following day, etc?

Just wanted to get the thoughts of some experts on what to expect and the timelines involved to get everything balanced again. Thanks in advance and have a great week.

It would be best to purchase your own test kit - Test Kits Compared to ensure you have accurate results. Also, test your fill water as that will indicate how much calcium and alkalinity you will have starting with your new fill.
Do you use liquid chlorine, pucks or a SWCG to chlorinate your pool. What size is it?
You can fill out your signature under your profile to put key information in there for all to view.

Test water pH and adjust into the 7s as soon as the pool is filled and pump is running

Then add CYA using sock method and chlorine at least 15 minutes after the pH adjustment.

Get your own test kit and don’t get pool stored. Taylor K-2006C or TF-100 Test Kits

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.