Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
Hi - first year opening myself (2nd year with pool).

Water is clear but full close to the top. Had to pump out water over the winter.

Should I replace some of the water in the pool? Or should I use the same water and slam (just to be safe and start clean in the beginning of season) and of course adjust levels.

Replacing water necessary?

Enter new pool chemistry test data into Poolmath. You go by the chemistry on what you need to do.

Enter new pool chemistry test data into Poolmath. You go by the chemistry on what you need to do.
Ok - will do. Not opening pool until tomorrow, but will post.

That said, I would expect FC to be 0 and CYA to be 0. Salt likely low as well. What reasons or levels would suggest to replace water vs not replacing? CC levels?

Ok - will do. Not opening pool until tomorrow, but will post.

That said, I would expect FC to be 0 and CYA to be 0. Salt likely low as well. What reasons or levels would suggest to replace water vs not replacing? CC levels?
If you find a dead body in the water when you take the cover off you might want to replace the water. Otherwise if it’s even remotely clear, it’ll clean up just fine. No need to SLAM unless the test results tell you you should.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.