Silver Supporter
Aug 4, 2020
Austin, TX
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello,

I have a Pentair Quad DE 100 and the pressure gauge seems to be flaking out. When I tap it with the pump running the pressure "drops". It doesn't inspire confidence.

Does it make sense to replace it with the TFTestKits gauge? As you can see in the pic, the new gauge would be pointing "up", since it's threaded on the back instead of the bottom. Is there another recommended gauge out there to replace this one?

Thanks!

Attachments

• pentair_pressure_gauge.jpg
    pentair_pressure_gauge.jpg
    318.8 KB · Views: 11
TFT used to have a bottom mount PSI gauge as well as a center mount one. They must be out of stock.

I would email Rebecaa at TFT and ask when she expects them in.

Colin,

I see you have a VS pump.. I suggest that you get a 30 lb. gauge to replace the original 60 lb. gauge. That is what I did and like it a lot better. I run slow most of the time, so my filter pressure is usually about 2 lbs.

I bought mine from TF-test kits, but that was a while back. If they are out, I'd take a look at Amazon.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Be extremely careful when replacing the pressure gauge on top of the high-flow air relief valve, it is super easy for the brass nipple on the gauge to crack the molded plastic threaded opening (ask me how many I have replaced). Use teflon tape, NOT liquid pipe dope, on the gauge threads and only seat it until it is hand tight. Do not use a wrench.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.