Replace cool deck

rp7777

Oct 10, 2011
Plantation Fl
I have cool deck that is wearing out and definitely partly my fault. I used a pressure washer with a surface cleaner to clean it in the past several times which caused it to gradually come off to the point that I can now see the exposed concrete in a few tiny spots.
My area patio area is not that large, it’s about 25x20 and one option I am planning is renting a floor buffer with grinding disks to remove the cool deck. I used the same tool to remove a painted garage floor in preparation to epoxy my floor. By the way, it was so effortless that is was oddly satisfying:).
Does anyone have any suggestions in what material will work well for the pool/patio area?
I actually liked the cooldeck but my inexperience and aggressive cleaning method ruined some of it. In reality I just needed to mix some pool chlorine and water to pump spray to kill any mildew and hose off.
Is cooldeck just still used or are there other materials besides pavers that would be recommended?

You can get it re-coated with Kool deck or one of the other similar products on the market.

I think when they redid ours, they chipped off what was loose, then skim coated it, then applied the texture/color with a sprayer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.