Repairing crack on steps?

You could use a two-part A/B epoxy. It looks and feels like playdough and you can get it in black and White. You then mix it to get close to the grey color you need. Knead the two parts together and you’ve got about 20 mins before it hardens into a brick. You smoosh it into the crack as best you can. Easiest to do with the step exposed to air but the material does cure under water. Not easy to do so practice a bit.

I would not get it repaired. I did that in my spa with a crack on the seat at the roll-off and it looked horrible. I wish I had left it alone and, it just re-cracked in the same spot. Not worth the hassle in my opinion.

Reactions: pooldv
Reactions: JoyfulNoise
We had a plaster crack like that that was leaking water. My PB repaired it with a two part putty that cures underwater. Mix it up and go mash it into the crack and smooth it. It comes in black and white that can be mixed to match grays. It hasn't leaked for 5 years or so.

Or what he ^^^ he said.

Like this
Poodle, can that stuff be used outside of the pool? Like on a rolled bond beam?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.