Repairing Broken Lines

nic889

Jul 21, 2020
Milton, MA
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum as well as pool ownership so any help is appreciated! Vinyl in ground pool that is 16x32 and 22k gallons. Just bought the house and have several broken lines and I'm trying to determine what actually needs to be replaced after pressure testing. Two lines are connected to R2 underground and that is the only working line and returns. R1 is broken as well as the skimmer line. The drain and the return next to the skimmer are blocked/dead lines. I'm obviously replacing the skimmer line. Do I need to replace R1 as well or will the 2 R2 returns be enough? I want to do it right but replacing the R1 line requires breaking a concrete patio in a second place as well as adding several thousand dollars to the total price.

Pool.jpg

Welcome to TFP.

It looks like R1 is positioned by the steps to give circulation and skimming movement to the water in that area. Without it dirt will accumulate around the steps and on the water surface.

Water sanitation will be effective with just 2 returns but you are not going to get good skimming circulation into the skimmer from the step area without R1.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.