Repair Pentair Grid

May 26, 2009
Eatontown, NJ
I am closing my pool and notice dirt particles coming from my returns. Long short 3 of my grids have small holes. I plan to try to make a repair and use a t shirt and crazy glue it over the less than 2" hole's. this is a temporary repair of course unless it works real well. :)

Any suggestions?

Long term do I get new grids or replace my Pentair FNS® PlusFiberglass D.E.Filter that's been in service since 2006?

Time for a new filter. It’s rarely worth dumping hundreds of dollars for repair parts into an old filter.

KrazyGlue sucks nowadays. They changed the formulation many years ago because too many schmucks were gluing their fingers together and after a few product safety lawsuits they made the glue more “skin safe”. I doubt glue will hold between the cotton fibers of a tee shirt and the fiberglass material that the grids are made of. I suggest you find a good fiberglass patch material and use that with a high quality epoxy. Even that’s only going to be a bandaid.

Ditch the DE and get a good Clean and Clear cartridge filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.