Repair or Replace 2017 Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus

kchinger

Aug 20, 2017
Southeast PA
So as a follow-up to this thread about repairing my robot, I have a new question. Special thanks to @Mdragger88 for saving me a bunch of money.

I received almost $650 from the extended card services warranty company for the robot. It needs a motor for sure ($300 for parts, $75 for labor) and this summer the cable started sort of "shedding" in my hands, after it was in the pool for a couple weeks while we were on vacation and the FC levels got a little high maybe. Cable tested fine, but that's $230 extra or so (I think I can find it for $180 maybe).

So do I repair just the motor, for $375, do I repair the motor and cable for $550 or so, or do I take the pool store up on their offer of $100 off a new robot and use my warranty money to just buy something new (or buy it online again, I used poolsupply4less last time)?

Considering the rest of the robot is 3 years old, I'm tempted to just get something new, but I'm not 100% sure. Replacing just the motor for $375 is tempting for sure.

Hard t say, you can get a brand new Penrtair SE ( Dolphin s200 ) for $699 with free shipping..Sometimes Pentair offers rebates, have to watch their site.

But highly recommend marina pool and spa.
You might also ask them about buying the parts?

I would call marina pools & order a new one over the phone - don’t forget to use your credit card. 😉
they have good prices (they are lower than listed on their website & reports from tfp members are that they come in quickly. Maybe Save your old one for parts?

I gave them a call, waiting to hear back. I'm not sure what to do with the old one. If I don't get the exact same model (which seems unlikely I would at this point) I might try to sell it for parts on Craigslist or something? I dunno.

My wife says we can't just abandon it at the pool store, we have to bring it home and give it a proper burial. We took it there for just a quick checkup, and then abandoned it and it's probably gonna die. So sad.

Reactions: Mdragger88
It looks to me that they do sell the cc plus & its power supply may be interchangeable with yours or any other that has the weekly timer w/out remote or Bluetooth. They will know when u are able to talk with them. There are quite a few interchangeable parts on the dolphins.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.