Repair or Replace 2017 Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus

kchinger

Aug 20, 2017
Southeast PA
So as a follow-up to this thread about repairing my robot, I have a new question. Special thanks to @Mdragger88 for saving me a bunch of money.

I received almost $650 from the extended card services warranty company for the robot. It needs a motor for sure ($300 for parts, $75 for labor) and this summer the cable started sort of "shedding" in my hands, after it was in the pool for a couple weeks while we were on vacation and the FC levels got a little high maybe. Cable tested fine, but that's $230 extra or so (I think I can find it for $180 maybe).

So do I repair just the motor, for $375, do I repair the motor and cable for $550 or so, or do I take the pool store up on their offer of $100 off a new robot and use my warranty money to just buy something new (or buy it online again, I used poolsupply4less last time)?

Considering the rest of the robot is 3 years old, I'm tempted to just get something new, but I'm not 100% sure. Replacing just the motor for $375 is tempting for sure.

markayash

Gold Supporter
Mar 21, 2016
Atlanta Ga
Hard t say, you can get a brand new Penrtair SE ( Dolphin s200 ) for $699 with free shipping..Sometimes Pentair offers rebates, have to watch their site.

But highly recommend marina pool and spa.
You might also ask them about buying the parts?

Mdragger88

Bronze Supporter
Jun 1, 2018
Hernando, Ms
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
I would call marina pools & order a new one over the phone - don’t forget to use your credit card. 😉
they have good prices (they are lower than listed on their website & reports from tfp members are that they come in quickly. Maybe Save your old one for parts?

kchinger

Aug 20, 2017
Southeast PA
I gave them a call, waiting to hear back. I'm not sure what to do with the old one. If I don't get the exact same model (which seems unlikely I would at this point) I might try to sell it for parts on Craigslist or something? I dunno.

My wife says we can't just abandon it at the pool store, we have to bring it home and give it a proper burial. We took it there for just a quick checkup, and then abandoned it and it's probably gonna die. So sad.

Reactions: Mdragger88

Mdragger88

Bronze Supporter
Jun 1, 2018
Hernando, Ms
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
It looks to me that they do sell the cc plus & its power supply may be interchangeable with yours or any other that has the weekly timer w/out remote or Bluetooth. They will know when u are able to talk with them. There are quite a few interchangeable parts on the dolphins.

Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread