Repair of Leaking Jandy Valve

smh60

Oct 10, 2020
Elk Grove, California
I did a search on this forum and found at least 3 posts (listed below) which I believe are relevant to my situation, but I have not enough information about how to proceed on repair, or maybe I am missing it. The valve itself (used to set flow to a gimmick waterfall) doesnt have a visible part number (only a patent number). I put up 3 photos (I had a video, but it is disallowed).

My understanding is that some simple part at a hardware store can be used to fix this, but not sure whether I need to take all the screws off on top of valve or whether this "grease" thing with broken off cap is taken off. Some guidance would be helpful. In talking with a Jandy valve parts person, they were wary of giving any repair advice and told me to bring a pro in to evaluate this condition.

Attachments

• IMG_20220203_090233.jpg
    IMG_20220203_090233.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20220203_090228.jpg
    IMG_20220203_090228.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20220203_090218.jpg
    IMG_20220203_090218.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 34
It is an old style grey Jandy diverter valve before the NeverLube diverters.

You can buy the diverter kit that converts the valve to a NeverLube and includes a red plug to go in the grease cap hole.

Or you can just replace the grease cap...

I did a search on this forum and found at least 3 posts (listed below) which I believe are relevant to my situation, but I have not enough information about how to proceed on repair, or maybe I am missing it. The valve itself (used to set flow to a gimmick waterfall) doesnt have a visible part number (only a patent number). I put up 3 photos (I had a video, but it is disallowed).

My understanding is that some simple part at a hardware store can be used to fix this, but not sure whether I need to take all the screws off on top of valve or whether this "grease" thing with broken off cap is taken off. Some guidance would be helpful. In talking with a Jandy valve parts person, they were wary of giving any repair advice and told me to bring a pro in to evaluate this condition.

Thanks, Allen

Ordered the replacement part and we'll see if it works

I am putting a box that had been constructed over the entire valve (I suppose the sunlight can degrade the PVC) and which will prevent anyone kicking that part accidentally. Roaches had been under that box, but I will ensure it is sprayed regularly

1651604770668.png
Heat up the screwdriver tip before gently tapping it into the bad part.

The thread is 1/8" NPT and you can use a brass or plastic plug.

I would buy the entire new Jandy valve and pull out the entire assembly from the body and install it into the existing valve.

Jandy 4715 3-Port 1-1/2 to 2-Inch Positive Seal NeverLube Valve.

Reactions: smh60
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.