Renting Out Your Pool; There is APP for That!

HeyEng

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Nov 7, 2018
Oklahoma City, OK
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
I know this has been broached before, but didn't want to "necropost" so started a new thread.

Anyway, I saw a story on CNBC about an app for renting out your pool. Personally, I think it's a terrible idea and I wouldn't do it...but it's an interesting idea. Nonetheless, I couldn't help but notice the description of a pool nearby that's going for $60 an hour...

Immerse yourself in the perfectly clear 100% sanitized no-chemical saltwater pool which is always automatically being cleaned by an unseen in-ground pool automated cleaning system used in many commercial pools.

Hmm. Perhaps I missed the lesson on this while doing Pool School via TFP. I didn't know that a salt water pool doesn't need chemicals... ;)

Here is a story on this if you are interested: Desperate for a pool? You can now rent a private one by the hour

Hmm... I thinks it is intriguing. Not having a bathroom would be a deal breaker for me.

If I had an outdoor bathroom and could make $1,000 a month renting it out for a few Saturdays here and there, I would be tempted. Heck if you had a really nice setup, I would go on vacation and have my pool pay for the vacation.

Hmm... I thinks it is intriguing. Not having a bathroom would be a deal breaker for me.

If I had an outdoor bathroom and could make $1,000 a month renting it out for a few Saturdays here and there, I would be tempted. Heck if you had a really nice setup, I would go on vacation and have my pool pay for the vacation.
I saw on the app that there is an indemnity clause/contract that the clients are supposed to sign to waive liability. Personally, I am not so sure my insurance company would be thrilled with this arrangement and as an attorney that ALWAYS sees a problem (even if there isn't one!) I see a lot of problems with it. ;)

I also would not rent my pool - way too much effort invested to take the risk. But from a liability perspective I suspect it’s not all that different from renting a room in your house via Airbnb. Maybe the inherent risk of a pool is greater? If my financial situation deteriorated to a point of needing another source of income, it might cause me to rethink it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I saw on the app that there is an indemnity clause/contract that the clients are supposed to sign to waive liability. Personally, I am not so sure my insurance company would be thrilled with this arrangement and as an attorney that ALWAYS sees a problem (even if there isn't one!) I see a lot of problems with it. ;)

I’d imagine in these days of placing the blame on anyone that can pay instead of taking personal,accountability, most insurance companies, if asked, would likely not want your business anymore.

Personally, I am not so sure my insurance company would be thrilled with this arrangement
One of the first questions asked for property or car insurance is if it will be used as a rental, or for business. If you change your mind later and don't add the coverage, its on you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.