Hayward Heat Pump HP31204T - 86 Degree Max Limit for Heat Setting in iPhone App

fatherfigure

Apr 27, 2023
Chandler, AZ
Hello,

Pretty simple issue, but having no luck finding anything on the internet for my model by way of a manual or guide to get this going. As the title says, I have a Hayward HP31204T heat pump and it is integrated into my Hayward Omnilogic (OmniPL) system. In the app, I am unable to adjust the temperature for the pool higher than 86 degrees, however on the physical unit I am able to go as high as 104. The guides I have found for newer models indicate you have to select the mode button to go into standby and then press the temperature up & down buttons at the same time to set the max temperature for either the pool or spa mode, but my unit doesn't have a mode button, so I have no idea what the process is. I also am not sure this is an issue with the physical unit as I am able to adjust it there without an issue, but rather with the app since that is where I am capped out at 86 degrees for a temperature setting.

For troubleshooting purposes, I am running the latest 4.8 version of the firmware on the OmniPL system and the app is fully updated as well. Additionally, the heat pump is fully recognized and functional with the app, it's just this temperature cap setting I am having an issue with. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

Father Figure

Please put OmniPL in your signature.

I suggest you call Hayward Support and see if they can help you. It is likely a bug in the web app or the heat pump model is set wrong in the OmniPL configuration.

For your heater to be working with your Omni it should be set to bypass mode. The screen on the heater should say BO and you should not be able to change anything. It’s easy to put your heater into BO mode. It’s also pretty easy to edit your configuration on your Omni.

Attachments

• IMG_0823.png
    IMG_0823.png
    278.6 KB · Views: 3
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.