Renaissance Ultraviolet + Ozone

Apr 25, 2014
Reston, VA
I am a current pool owner with a SWG but am moving from VA TO ND and will be building a new pool with my new home.

I like my SWG but have enough issues that I’m inclined to lean away from it this time around. Mainly the havoc salt steaks on EVERYTHING it touches, amongst other things. My new PB recommended the “Renaissance Ultraviolet + Ozone in one powerful system”.

I do understand from my PB and from reading the forum that another means for chlorination will be necessary. I’m ok with that. I’d like to know:

1) what are the benefits of using the system

2) should I go that route, would I want to maintain the same amount of chlorine that would be recommended in PoolMath based on my new pool parameters, or use less?

I’ve read through the forum and have found discussions on one or the other (UV or Ozone) but not on the two combined. I was hoping to gain some insight from anyone who has used this system or why I should avoid it.

Thanks so much in advance for any info you all can provide.

Reactions: Jeepnmon
jh,

Saltwater pools do not leave "Salt Streaks".... I suspect what you have is calcium build up and this has nothing to do with your saltwater pool...

How about a couple of pictures of the streaks so that we can better understand what you have...

Thanks,

Jim R.

+1 what Jim said.

Also, you will find few fans of UV and/or ozone on this forum. Since you have to have a chlorine residual anyway, why wouldn't you simply manage your pool as a chlorine pool......SWG or manually?

1) Pretty much no benefits in an outdoor residential pool. UV-C will kill some microbes in the water as it flows through the cell, but the chlorine will have already killed them. As for burning off CC the UV from sunlight will take care of that. Ozone provides secondary oxidation which is helpful in a public pool with many many people swimming all the time, but in residential pool it is wildly unnecessary. Also the ozone generators sold to consumers are pretty pathetic in the amount of ozone they create. Really the only person this system will benefit is the one selling it to you.

2) You would still need to keep your FC above the minimum for a safe and comfortable swimming experience.

jh,

Saltwater pools do not leave "Salt Streaks".... I suspect what you have is calcium build up and this has nothing to do with your saltwater pool...

How about a couple of pictures of the streaks so that we can better understand what you have...

Thanks,

Jim R.

That was an auto-correct - thanks Siri! I meant to say salt wreaks havoc on everything it touches. I don’t have any streaks :D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.