Removing in-ground pool; what to replace it with?

I would put in a 20X40 koi pond. They like different temperatures so I'd make one side about 3.5 ft deep and the other side about 8 ft deep.

• Haha
Reactions: kul and jseyfert3
Make a sports court. Can be used for basketball, soccer net, half tennis court for practice. Also can lay down playground covering and install a multigym swing and slide set.

Reactions: Grayson73
Interesting idea! So basically cement.
If you are willing to spend some money, there are special sport surfaces that you can lay down that supposedly prevent cracking and provide a better longterm surface. The underlying support may be cement but there is a surface on top of that. You can google sport surfaces and find a lot of info.

Thanks, I'll look into it
We are putting in a sports court, it’ll be a pickle ball/half basketball court size. The company for the material is through ModuTile and we are using a gravel pavers base instead of concrete. It’s not planned to be installed until the spring, but if interested I can update once it’s in to let give our thoughts in the product.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.