Ground water sump question

alvindo

Apr 18, 2024
maryland
I live just below the high point on a mountain. We have an incredible amount of ground water and run off. The fiberglass pool is in the ground and we have a dewatering system but haven’t put the French drains in yet that will go around the pool area. Even with all the drains I’m worried about the groundwater popping the pool. Should I pump the water out of the dewatering pipe on a regular basis? Right now it’s got about 8 inches of water in it. Pool builder says as long as we keep the pool filled we will have no problem and the. I googled fiberglass pools popping.

Those Google images are 90%+ of the time due to someone/leak draining pool water level below groundwater level. As stated as long as as pool water level is above groundwater level there is nothing to worry about. Now, for additional peace of mind, if you feel it necessary, you can put a sump pump with a float down there. That's actually what I have and it's a lot less of a hassle. Just open lid and check the level every now and again.