Removing booster pump


Jun 16, 2020
Bay area , CA
I switched to a robotic cleaner and want to remove the booster pump for my previous pool cleaner that used a return. I am ok with cutting and installing plumbing but I wanted to get some expertise on what the best type of fittings to use as I dont see they are readily available at home depot. I think both ends have a screw in type of fitting.
Would it be better to just cap off each end or add a line to connect the 2 so that I have another return? Where can I buy these type of fittings?
Reason why I have to remove these is because I notice the lines have developed an air leak with bubbles in the return.
Enclosed are the photos.




LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 12, 2011
It looks like both ends are threaded fittings. They should be standard plumbing fittings. You should be able to obtain what you need at HD or Lowe’s. If they don’t have it in stock, check online.


Gold Supporter
May 16, 2010
Chapel Hill, NC
Get rid of all the flexible tubing with the threaded ends and connect the 1.5" PVC pipes together. I've tried using the bayonet eyeball adapter above but it stuck out too far into the pool for my liking. You should be able to find a fitting that will work if you unscrew and remove the Polaris UWF.
  • Like
Reactions: mguzzy


Gold Supporter
Mar 21, 2016
Atlanta Ga