Removed winter cover - pool is green and dirty!

jeffboer

Gold Supporter
Jun 3, 2019
Indiana, USA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Removed mesh winter cover, and pool is very green and dirty! Could barely see to bottom in 3' shallow end, no chance of seeing the bottom in the deep end! Starting first SLAM process, checked pH first and got it in range. Want to confirm, I should stick with only chlorine and not use any algaecide? Also, any issues with using dichlor to start? CYA is not registering, so want to get CYA level up. Will track carefully and switch to liquid chlorine when CYA gets to around 30. Thanks for the feedback!

Attachments

• IMG_2748.jpg
    IMG_2748.jpg
    787 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2749.jpg
    IMG_2749.jpg
    482.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2752.jpg
    IMG_2752.jpg
    531.1 KB · Views: 7
Follow the SLAM Process.

Dichlor is acidic. So that will lower pH some. What is the TA? How are you testing your water chemistry? Please add what test kit you are using to your signature.

Thanks! TA is 70. I have a K2005 kit from previous owner. I test everything but chlorine with that kit. Purchased a separate FAS-DPD test kit for chlorine. I'll get that info into signature!

Check your TA after using the dichlor unless the FC is under 10 then you can check the pH.

Be sure you are getting the dichlor dissolved completely. If it sits on your liner, it will stain it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.