Colleyville, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hi everyone, my husband and I recently bought a home in the DFW area with a ~30,000 gallon pool. We have a complete resurfacing scheduled for one month from now, and we debated a long time about whether or not we should have built-in bar stools added to one part of the shallow end... However, we also have anchors for an in-pool volleyball net in the shallow end, and so if we also had bar stools we would not have room to also play volleyball. I ran across these during my researching: In-Pool Furniture | Tables & Seating | S.R. Smith and I wondered if anyone here has experience with these?? We are thinking to do an umbrella table with 4 stools around it. I tried searching the forums but couldn't find much. Do they work well? Do they last? Are they sturdy? It seems like a great idea, since we could leave them installed 90% of the time, but still have the ability to pull them out on the random occasion when we would like to play volleyball with friends :) Thanks for any advice or thoughts you have.

Attachments

• pool-seats_vinyl-pool_kids-115-_cc.jpg
    pool-seats_vinyl-pool_kids-115-_cc.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 74
  • srs-pool-table-and-seating.jpg
    srs-pool-table-and-seating.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 74
You must excuse our fellow forum members for making you the but (oops, I just did) of their jokes, but it really was an easy target and a fine setup line on your part. ;)

Actually I'm not a fan of the built in stools. All my friends with such contrivances built into their pools complain that their pool sweeps/robots get hung up on them, and they are hard to clean/brush, especially if they get algae blooms. The removable ones seem a better compromise. Whenever I have wanted to sit in pool, I usually just throw one of the deck chairs in there.

Reactions: kgiryes
Hahaha I can be the butt of a joke every now and then ;)

Maybe I wasn't clear. We want to keep the ability to play volleyball, so we don't want anything built-in... There's just not room in the shallow area, see pics below. So we are just trying to figure out if the removable table/chairs (I've learned now not to say stools HAHA ;) ) is worth the investment, and if they are good quality and last. It will be around ~$2000 with everything including installation of the anchors. Take a look at my epic photoshop skills below to see what I mean: IMG_3867_Stomp.jpg
20190626_180917_Stomp.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Lineman7
Glad you have a great sense of humor! LOL

Me? I don't think I would bother with the table and chairs IN the pool. I say get some (many) "chairs" like this: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blue-Wave-Noodle-Chair-For-2-3-4-or-3-1-2-Noodles/16628246 I LOVE mine. You could use the coping as the "table". Then you could put a nice table (NOT glass) and some chairs up on that raised deck.

Oh make sure to look up "Watermelon ball" If you like pool volley ball you will LOVE Watermelon ball!!

Kim:kim:

You're skills are good enough to fool the dog. He looks confused. I think it would be really cool to have dinner in the pool as a once in a while treat for the kids. Maybe make it a friday thing, something to look foward to all week. I already do something similar to have dinner *by* the pool. The kids LOVE it when we aren't swimming but go out there anyway with spaghetti/meatballs or anything else that you wouldnt associate being pool related. (Hamburgers/ribs/pizza feel like pool food because thats what we will usually eat there). If i could offer dinner *actually in* the pool it would blow their minds.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well I think your concept is cool... I tested it once when a big gust of wind blew my patio furniture into the pool. ;) The kids had fun for a while and then I had fun pulling the water logged stuff out of the water. So from that lesson, if its not too hard to install and remove and will withstand a pool environment (the website says its even saltwater pool friendly) then I'll give it a thumbs up. ?

Say kgiryes - did you end up getting the removable table/seats? We are starting to build a pool and are thinking about getting some of these. Either that or liquidseat.com seats

I have the 16" and 30" S.R. Smith tables. They are high quality. You can install an umbrella through the table, which also elevates the umbrella canopy a few inches (a nice benefit). They fit perfectly in universal umbrella sleeves.

PXL_20220720_163700559.jpg

Screenshot 2022-07-20 124221.jpg

Say kgiryes - did you end up getting the removable table/seats? We are starting to build a pool and are thinking about getting some of these. Either that or liquidseat.com seats
Hey! So we ended up going another route, these, and we LOVE them!! Black Granite Pool Stool-FREE SHIPPING — The Pool Stool by ENVY Pool Products, LLC
Super comfortable, easy to move around, everyone loves them at parties. Nice that they're adjustable.
We got four, they've been going strong for over two seasons now and are still like new. We do take them out at the end of season and store them in our attic.
Of course the best picture I have of them is with our floating dog again 😅

20220703_164502 small.jpg

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.