spdbstarr

Oct 11, 2023
Sacramento, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Everyone here is so helpful it’s amazing!! Hopefully someone can clue me in here.
One of the jet outlet/directional “thingy” came out. Found at bottom of pool. I tried to just put it back in but it came right back out when pump turned on.
Obviously that outlet just goes straight into pool where the other two are “aimed” the same clockwise motion.
Is this a simple fix?
Thanks so much

The eyeball is what is adjustable so you can control the direction of water flow. The eyeball is typically held in place by a lock ring. Do you not see the locking ring anywhere? Maybe snap a pic of your return jet?

Capture Jet.JPG

Reactions: Newdude and Bperry
The eyeball is what is adjustable so you can control the direction of water flow. The eyeball is typically held in place by a lock ring. Do you not see the locking ring anywhere? Maybe snap a pic of your return jet?

View attachment 535860
First please let me say I am so sorry to take so long to get back to you!!!
And second, I DO have those three parts and will try to reattach it! How simple is that ? Ha ha

Again thank you so much for your quick and helpful reply and I apologize for being slow replying
Brian

Reactions: Texas Splash
Hi again,
Awhile back, I asked about my return jet that fell out of the pipe and found at bottom of pool. I sadly did not realize one of the three pieces was able to be tightened against the pool wall.
Ah ha!! Easy fix and on I go. . .
Until a week or or so later when it was found at the bottom of the pool again.
Is the right fix now to go by a new one? Or why does this one return jet not stay seated?
Any ideas?
Thanks again in advance

Hey Brian. I combined your update to the previous thread to keep it all together.

So to confirm, do you have all 3 pieces as noted in the pic above? If so, the threaded "Eyeball Seat" won't stay in the return jet opening? Or does your jet eyeball slip into the PVC opening a different way? Maybe snap a pic or two tomorrow in the daylight?

Thanks!! (I wasn’t sure if that was appropriate to use same thread, thanks)
Well now I see a distinct difference. I don’t have threads in the pipe I. The wall or on the eyeball seat.
Still enough light here to also get the pipe in the pool.
Thanks again for your help

Attachments

• IMG_1870.jpeg
    IMG_1870.jpeg
    805.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1871.jpeg
    IMG_1871.jpeg
    459.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1869.jpeg
    IMG_1869.jpeg
    297.7 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: Texas Splash
Ah, of course. Yours just pushes directly in to the PVC. I'm not sure if there's a handy DIY way to wedge something in there to hold the jet. There must be, but let's ask @AQUA~HOLICS if he knows of a trick or two to keep that thing in place.

Reactions: spdbstarr

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.