Memphis, TN
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
For a SWG with 60 CYA the chlorine level recommendation is 4. Is there a specific reason to hold it at 4 and is 7-8 too high? I like the idea of it being a little higher rather than right on the lower side but just curious if it's bad to hold around 7ish?

Also would like to add that I had a bad flow switch so the cell was surging before I replaced it. Now that it's working properly I'm trying to find that sweet spot again and so far I've seen it holding pretty consistently with the cell running at 65% for around 9 hours total run time. This also doesn't really add up for my specific cell/pool size but with adding chemicals and seeing the results I'm pretty confident of the free form pool size is somewhat accurate.

Last edited:
The FC of 4 is the minimum. It is very wise to maintain it above the minimum. No downsides.
I was pretty sure that was the case but have just been meaning to ask. BTW I have been checking the levels constantly (my wife thinks something is wrong with me and says I check it too much) while keeping a running record and the pool has been spot on. Thanks to the TFP method I honestly only have a couple hundred dollars in the pool all summer with most of that being just minor wear and tear items I've taken an initiative to replace. It has been really easy and I hope after closing it for the this up coming winter and opening back up myself that I have the same success next year. Thanks again for all your help Mr. @mknauss

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.