Refurb - Sachse Tx w/ Bi-Carb Startup

Re: Refurb - Sachse, Tx

3:40 PM Readings
Gallons 5650
Temp 91 - Note: crappy pool thermometer was replaced with meat thermometer. Pool thermometer was saying 99 this reading.....
pH 7.4 - spot on what we shot for
TA 350 -dropped a bunch - I suspect fill water @ 110 + MA add. But was not expecting this large drop, but I'll take it.
CSI .36 - Whew

We will keep adding MA as the pH rises (shoot for 7.4) until we get the TA down.

Thanks for the response Brian. I admit I panicked when I saw CSI of 1.1. I will let the pH rise back to 7.8. TA will continue to drop a little as the fill water is mixed in. I will add bicarb as needed.

One note: Virtually zero plaster dust when brushing!

8:00 PM Readings
Gallons 9125
Temp 88 - coming down now that the sun is off it
pH 7.8 - came up as expected
TA 275
CSI .61

Brian,
Based on your earlier comment of keeping pH @ 7.8 I believe we ride for another couple hours and recheck around 10:00 PM. I suspect pH will be up and TA down.
Thoughts?

10:00 PM Readings
Gallons 10450
Temp 87
pH 8.0 - came up as expected
TA 250
CSI .79

Brian,
Pool Math says to add 11oz MA to bring pH to 7.8. This will also bring TA down slightly and along with fill water I would expect around 225 at next measurement (when full - around 12:00 AM). That would yield a CSI of .55.

Appreciate you weighing in if available.

Thank you sir!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

11:30 PM Readings
Gallons 12,000 (11,979 per meter) - Pool Full (I need to update my sig and use that for Pool Math going forward).
Pump running and new filter only had one leak....... bottom fitting was not tight. A little hand tighting did the trick!
Filter pressure - 17
Temp 87
pH 7.4 - down as expected
TA 250
CSI .19

I assume we wait until morning to see what pH and CSI is? Although I am not sure what to expect in pH rise overnight.

Thanks for all your help Brian!! Kudos my friend.
:lovetfp:

Looks good. That's the dance you'll be playing for the next several days. Your pH is going to want to rise because it is so far out of balance with the TA. You should probably be good if you check the pool twice a day and make adjustments.

Limit aeration as much as possible as well

Thanks Brian. I turned the waterfalls and sprayers on for about 10 minutes this morning to clear out the old water. Plan to leave them off going forward in this process. The next few days I can test and balance at least 3 times a day.

Pool is being brushed every time chemicals are added. Might be overkill.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.