Refurb 2005 pool outside of Dallas, plaster, tile, New LEDs, new sheers.

Since I just received a question in PM about the LED sheers I thought I would add the details here

"I had fiber stars lights under the other sheers and they sucked.
The difference between LED and non LED sheers was not that much and we like the lights. The colors are controllable via the app and they match the other LEDs EXCEPT The big pool light for some reason

Also make SURE You have enough PUMP volume to get the sheers flowing the way they should - to look right they need decent flow. I have a Pentair VS pump that is dedicated for the sheers and the waterfall and at FULL RPM with the waterfall OFF the sheers are JUST getting enough flow.

they are CMP leds Brilliant Wonders® LED Waterfall - CMP

The colors are all adjustable separately - the jandy controller tries to sync them up if you want it to ... We leave them on one of the blue colors the most

In our case the sheers were in a curved wall which due to the idiot PB caused some issues fitting 3 36" straight LEDs in a curved wall ..."

here are some images of the LEDs and Sheers

IMG_20170516_212503.jpg

IMG_20170617_223430.jpg

IMG_20170516_212327.jpg

IMG_20170516_212356.jpg

18595478_10207388822113598_813422283739770988_o.jpg

Drone shots are cool

IMG_20171013_214104.jpg

IMG_20170516_212346.jpg

Update - in 2018 we have added zero acid to manage pH.

In the past I added about 8 oz a week.

We run the spa over flow every day and the fish fountain which should raise the PH but isnt ...

I used a little yesterday to clean the calcium off the tile ...
Aquabright is amazing stuff

Great to hear! Remember to order a refill kit for the TF-100 and discard the old chems once they are over a year old. After my refills came, I learned my old FAS-DPD chems were reading 1.5FC off.

So despite the install-related stuff - how are you liking your choices for equipment/materials/AB/tile/etc.?

Great to hear! Remember to order a refill kit for the TF-100 and discard the old chems once they are over a year old. After my refills came, I learned my old FAS-DPD chems were reading 1.5FC off.

So despite the install-related stuff - how are you liking your choices for equipment/materials/AB/tile/etc.?

The pool looks great from 20 feet ... The glass tile was a good idea and looks good. The aquabright makes chemistry VERY stable. The LED lights are fun ... Its all good from a product perspective

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.