Refinished pool - want to add SWG

Sep 11, 2016
Lake Mary, FL
My pool was refinished on July 14 and started on July 15th after filling all night. Pool builder said to wait 4 weeks before installing SWG.

I've purchased a AutoPilot RC-42 from Josh at saltpoolguys.com that I want to install. I'm thinking of doing the install this weekend. That would make it 5 weeks after the refinish. Should I wait longer?

Below are my test results from this past Saturday. Water looks great. No more dust when brushing the pool. I do have to add about 2 cups of acid a day. I need stablizer to get my CYA increased. What else should I be concerned with?

FC = 5.0
CC = .0
pH = 7.8
TA = 60
CH = 350
CYA = 45
Water temp = 85
Salt = 800 (none has been added)

Thanks

Ken

Looks good. Install it.

Monitor your CSI. Keep it at or just below 0 to prevent scaling in your SWCG.

Take care.

Either one - or plain water softener salt. All the same thing. Just stay away from Clorox pool salt. Have been reports of iron staining when using that brand.

Be sure to let your water mix at least 24 hours with the salt before starting your SWCG.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.