Refilling pool

I am trying to understand your situation but your replies seem almost evasive.

1. Can you post a pic of the water in your pool?

2. Have you read "The "ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School?

3. Have you read the SLAM article in Pool School?

4. Are you following the SLAM article precisely?

I don't see anything wrong. Your pool looks great, you have met all the requirements for ending the SLAM and you have read all the basics. I think you are ready to let you fc drift down to normal and go swimming. With a CYA of 60, that means your FC should be around 4-7 ppm or close.

What are your further questions?

Thanks for all the help.
A few random questions.
1. How long should I run the pump?
2. I had a high ta. Should I wait to retest ph after fc goes down and then use acid according to those amounts? Or do something already.
3. I have a solar cover which has been off for the duration of the slam. Do I need to clean it before putting it back on.
4. in general should I be cleaning it and/or the pool rope on a regular basis?

1. Sounds like a smart alec answer but it is not......run it as much as you need to keep the pool clean I would start with 8 hours daily.

2. Let your FC drift down below 10 and then post ALL the test results again like this....
FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA
3. How bad is it? Use your judgement but it will never hurt to keep dirt/dead algae out of your pool.
4. Probably not. The rope should stay fine in the chlorinated water. The cover typically lasts only 2-3 years anyway.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.