Refilling pool

Ymh

Jun 4, 2020
New york
I need to empty and refill a portion of my pool due to excess cya. I will not be able to perform maintenance on the pool from sundown Friday until sundown on Saturday. Is it better to wait until then or start the process now and take a break for 24 hours?

Will the pool be full by Friday when you leave? You can add SLAM level FC and it will be fine.

That would be a flow rate of about 40 gpm from your hose. Maybe, but I doubt it. Probably at least twice that long.

Your right, my head went to fast!

You might get there. I have a full pressure (before the regulator for the house) hose bib with a 50' garden hose will give me about 10gpm.

I do not see an issue. You do know draining a vinyl liner pool much past 12-18" left in the shallow end is pretty risky, right?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
18" is safest. If you can watch it, if you see any movement of the liner, you should stop and start refilling. Then going to 12" is fine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.