Refilling pool

I should backwash ASAP?

As an aside, would you mind explaining to me how thebackwash helps for the grayish stuff in the bottom of the pool?
Backwashing removes the filtered particles from the pool water system, so the chlorine can work on stuff "in the water" and not just what the filter has trapped :)
It mostly helps to slightly lower your chlorine requirements during SLAM and even maintenance.

As an aside, would you mind explaining to me how thebackwash helps for the grayish stuff in the bottom of the pool?
Backwash has almost nothing to do with debris on your pool floor. Backwash cleans the debris from your filter and is essentially unrelated to conditions that exist in your pool.

Slamming update. So far chlorine is staying pretty steady and no ccs. Water itself is crystal clear. But there is some gray dust on the bottom of the pool.
How to proceed?
Be sure to follow the SLAM Process steps, some have to be repeated over and and over again, once you don't have "stuff", then you can attempt the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test <-- instructions

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Slam update. Fc is steady for nearly two days with very slight changes for evaporation. No ccs. Water crystal clear. There is some dust on the bottom of the pool But in my vacuum all I see is de.
please advise

Slam update. Fc is steady for nearly two days with very slight changes for evaporation. No ccs. Water crystal clear. There is some dust on the bottom of the pool But in my vacuum all I see is de.
please advise
It’s a very small amount of dust.
You may need to slowly inspect your filter grids, there may be damage that is allowing them to leak (it could be very small)
Can you hold a sock over one of your returns and see if you catch anything in it?

You are SLAMming right now, correct? Focus on your SLAM.....do not worry about your grids for now.

That "small amount of dust" you see on the pool floor is almost surely dead algae as a result of the high FC. Simply vacuum it up into your filter or brush it up into the pool water and it will, in time, disappear.

Evaporation has nothing to do with your SLAM or FC level at any time.

Can you post a current set of test results?

What should I test for?
You are SLAMming right now, correct? Focus on your SLAM.....do not worry about your grids for now.

That "small amount of dust" you see on the pool floor is almost surely dead algae as a result of the high FC. Simply vacuum it up into your filter or brush it up into the pool water and it will, in time, disappear.

Evaporation has nothing to do with your SLAM or FC level at any time.

Can you post a current set of test results?
I meant sunlight. What should I test for? Just fc and cc?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.