Refilling pool

PoolMath
Enter your current test data. Select FC, SLAM slider, then bleach and 12.5. It will tell you how much to add.

4 gallons of 12.5% is close enough.

Refilled Half my pool to lower cya to around 60. Ph is 7.2. Time to slam. 21k gallons. 4 gallons of chlorine?
Chlorine 12.5 is a month old. How should I calculate it?
  1. Verify CYA level
  2. Use Poolmath to target SLAM FC level for THAT CYA ~ FC/CYA Levels
  3. Add the chlorine in front of return into pool and leave pump running, retest in 15-30min, verify FC level
  4. Continue testing and raising FC to SLAM level.
  5. IF the FC is lower than expected after 3 additions, you might have to increase the dose, but only after multiple additions and testings have confirmed a reduced strength.

Not sure what you mean. To use Poolmath, you enter your current test results. If your CYA is from a previous test, and no major water exchanges or CYA additions have been made, use that data point.

Ok. Passed my oclt. Pool is crystal clear. There is some grayish stuff on the floor of the pool. But it’s loose, maybe dead algae. Am I good to go? Should I play it safe bc there was a little ccs in the pool just .5?

my ta was high when I started the slam. What should I do about that? Should I recheck after lowering fc?

Ok. Passed my oclt. Pool is crystal clear. There is some grayish stuff on the floor of the pool. But it’s loose, maybe dead algae. Am I good to go? Should I play it safe bc there was a little ccs in the pool just .5?

my ta was high when I started the slam. What should I do about that? Should I recheck after lowering fc?
Grayish stuff on the floor actually means not clear water ;) So keep the SLAM Process until there is nothing in the pool but "invisible" water :)
If you can vacuum that gray stuff (to waste or backwash, I see you have DE), it will save you time waiting for the FC to oxidize it.
Be sure to circulate your SLAM water through all the pool fixtures and equipment to eradicate the "hidden" algae spores.
If it were my pool, I would continue the raised FC, you can swim (if you can see the bottom) and FC is above minimum, but below SLAM level for your CYA :D FC/CYA Levels

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok. Oops. What do you mean by circulate through everything?

I am vacuuming it with a robot. Should I also backwash?

should I leave my rope divider in the pool?
I see a heater in your sig, not sure if you have any water features... But any pool equipment should have the SLAM water circulated through it (if it was operated with algae active)
Oh, didn't know you had the robot (you can add it to your sig details) :D That is good! Be sure to clean it well too.
If you haven't backwashed during the SLAM, and have the DE needed to replace on the grids, that would probably be good!
Yes, it can definitely harbor algae! Can you weight it so it's underwater? I've also seen suggestions to let it dry out completely. So it maybe personal preference.

Does my heater need to be on to circulate through it?
I don't believe so, can you share a picture of the heater & plumbing? That will help us verify.

how much de? I put way too Much last time
It will depend on your model, can you share the model #? Hopefully we can find a manual w/amounts online

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.