Reducer help.

Not sure if you have what you need but I have bought stuff online from these guys. They have about everything and shipping isn't too crazy

Reactions: lhu
View attachment 139628View attachment 139629
notice in the picture that the barbed fitting is screwed into the inside threads of my pump not the outside then the hose is attached with a hose clamp. Underneath that you see the intex adapter attached to the intex salt water generator & the hose is also attached to it with a hose clamp.
Right i see. the pump only has 1 internal thread connector. i assumed the order went pool return-pump-sandfilter-swg-pool, but i think you mean the intex adapter will work to go to the sand filter?

yes the Charlotte will slide over the 1 1/2’’ pipe and the Game adapter screws into Charlotte leaving you with 40 mm thread for Intex hoses. You need to get what you have reduced down to 1 1/2 pvcto accept the Charlotte fitting. Have fun with this project don’t let it get you down.

Reactions: lhu
I did this on my own setup. Get a 2" to 1 1/2" pvc slip reducer and an 1 1/2" insert adapter. Then screw on an 1 1/2" female barbed adapter. The key is to cut the cuff off the Intex hose. Once you do that, the hose will slide onto the barbed adapter and just use a stainless hose clamp. All of these items are available at your local hardware store. I'll try and get pictures of mine tomorrow.

Reactions: lhu and Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
yes the Charlotte will slide over the 1 1/2’’ pipe and the Game adapter screws into Charlotte leaving you with 40 mm thread for Intex hoses. You need to get what you have reduced down to 1 1/2 pvcto accept the Charlotte fitting. Have fun with this project don’t let it get you down.
Thank you i have ordered the Game adapter, and the Charlotte connector.

I did this on my own setup. Get a 2" to 1 1/2" pvc slip reducer and an 1 1/2" insert adapter. Then screw on an 1 1/2" female barbed adapter. The key is to cut the cuff off the Intex hose. Once you do that, the hose will slide onto the barbed adapter and just use a stainless hose clamp. All of these items are available at your local hardware store. I'll try and get pictures of mine tomorrow.
Thank you, i have some parts on Order, but i also intend on heading out today to try source these parts, should you be kind enough to post.

Sorry it took a day to get these photos. The weather here has been less than favorable. One shows where I connected an intex hose to a pvc valve with slip fittings that converted to threaded and then to barbed for the hose. The other picture shows where I extended the hose using a barbed reducer. Notice that the cuff has been cut off the the intex hose. I tried to get it to go on the barbed fitting with the cuff and it just wont fit. Once you cut that off, it fits perfectly on an 1 1/2" barbed fitting.

Attachments

• hosetohose.jpg
    hosetohose.jpg
    326 KB · Views: 6
  • hosetopvc.jpg
    hosetopvc.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: lhu and Mdragger88
Thanks all. I Managed to find connectors that actually fit fine on the inTex pipes. I just came in from hooking it up and the only slight leak ( so far ) is on the actual pumps intake connection ( wishing I’d used the outer thread now ) it’s only a drip every 5 seconds or so. Maybe it will self seal.
thank you again. Now I have to get my head around the salt water system

Attachments

• E429DB08-4E05-4574-9B5D-63192227A3EE.jpeg
    E429DB08-4E05-4574-9B5D-63192227A3EE.jpeg
    269 KB · Views: 9
Thanks all. I Managed to find connectors that actually fit fine on the inTex pipes. I just came in from hooking it up and the only slight leak ( so far ) is on the actual pumps intake connection ( wishing I’d used the outer thread now ) it’s only a drip every 5 seconds or so. Maybe it will self seal.
thank you again. Now I have to get my head around the salt water system
Great ?? i have 2 of those swg’s- there’s not much to figure out just how long u wanna run it

Keep an eye on it for a little while. Seal it self reminds me of my dad with soldering and brass valves. Legit get a little green and it will seal it self. Did you us the adapter 4560 or did you find something else.
I ended up taking it apart and reinstalling with less PTFE , and touch wood its bone dry. The 4560 still hasn't arrived, i actually found a adapter to connect what was missing in a store not 2 miles away ( and I'm slightly embarrassed i didn't think of them prior )

Thank you.

Reactions: Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.