Redo my equipment pad

roppy

Bronze Supporter
Feb 19, 2014
Mesa, AZ
Well it is time to replace my who knows how old pool pump... I am looking to upgrade to a VS pump and I have been on Inyo's website researching there Pure Line models since I plan to DIY this. Sadly it is looking like I am going to have to re-plumb my entire pad because as you can see in the pic's I have no room to just switch out the pump and motor :cry:. Because of this I am considering also installing at SWG system if I can stay on budget. So looking for advise/confirmation that what I am looking at doing works and any advise or help will be greatly appreciated.

PureLine Prime Variable Speed Pool Pump 1.65 HP - PL2605 "I would like to get the PL2606 but in one of the question they said it would not work with 1 1/2in Piping"

Pool Salt System 40,000 Gallons - PL7700

Neverlube 3 Way Valve 2 Inside / 2 1/2 Outside - 4717 "I wish I could just reuse my current one"
IMG_20190323_144533.jpg
IMG_20190317_172400.jpg
IMG_20190317_172409.jpg

Here are the stats of my pool that I know:
18000gl, 8ft deep, gunite pool.
It has one of those 2 in-one skimmers that is connected to the main drain that is about 24 Ft from the pump if you assume builder used all right angles 2in PVC.
4 Return jets no water features on 1 1/2in PVC.
Hayward S244T sand Filter with 1 1/2in inlet and outlet.
I currently use a suction side sand shark on it own vacuum port

A couple of ideas/items.
I assume you have a timer now. Are you planning to use it for the SWCG so that it only has power when the pump is scheduled to run? Some VS pumps have an internal relay that can be used for that purpose. Circupool does (tied to their SWCG). Check with Inyo on if they have that feature.

The 40K SWCG is on the edge for an Arizona pool of your size. You will need to plan to run your pump at least 12 hours per day in the summer.

A couple of ideas/items.
I assume you have a timer now. Are you planning to use it for the SWCG so that it only has power when the pump is scheduled to run? Some VS pumps have an internal relay that can be used for that purpose. Circupool does (tied to their SWCG). Check with Inyo on if they have that feature.

The 40K SWCG is on the edge for an Arizona pool of your size. You will need to plan to run your pump at least 12 hours per day in the summer.
Thank you for such a quick response
Yes I have an analog Intermatic timer. To make sure I understand what you a saying. I need to find out if I can hook this SWCG to the Purline Pump so the pump turns on and off the SWCG?

Are you suggeting I get the 60K SWCG? I have never had a VS pump or SWCG is 12 run time too long? I was under the impression that with the VS Pump I would be running it longer then my current set up but at a very low speed?

Yes I have an analog Intermatic timer. To make sure I understand what you a saying. I need to find out if I can hook this SWCG to the Purline Pump so the pump turns on and off the SWCG?
Correct. Some non major brand VS pumps have the ability to tell the SWCG if they are running or not. You do not want your SWCG to be powered on without the pump running.

Are you suggesting I get the 60K SWCG?
If the cost is not prohibitive, yes. The 40K is sufficient, but, in mid summer you will need to run the pump at the speed needed to generate chlorine for around 12 hours per day. Not a big deal if you are not on a Time of Use electrical plan.

Roppy,

The idea that the PL2606, the 2.7 HP pump won't work because you have 1.5" plumbing is just bull hockey...

I have two rent house pools with 1.5" plumbing and 3 HP IntelliFlo pumps that have been running for over 6 years without any issues at all... Larger pumps can be run slower and stll move the same amount of water.

The Pureline pumps appear to come with pump unions, so that will prevent any more dinosaur leaks...

I wholeheartedly recommend going with a SWCG... It is the best and easiest way to chlorinate your pool.. You need one that is rated for 40K gallons or larger.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: splashpad

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.