Red flow light

jaxkant

Aug 23, 2019
Tallahassee, FL
I need opinions from people more experienced than myself. My Pentair Intellichlor IC40 salt cell has a red flow light. I took out the flow switch and visually inspected it and according to pictures I've seen nothing is broken on it. I acid washed the cell although it didn't look dirty. Backwashed a couple of times. Chemicals and salt all within normal range. When I first turn the pump on the flow light is green and stays green for several minutes then turns red and stays red. My cell is a full 5yrs old and the local pool store told me it wasn't worth trying a new flow switch on a cell that age nor having a service person come out. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

What pump do you have? What type of filter do you have? Can you fill out your signature?
What filter pressure do you have when clean? At what filter pressure do you clean your filter? What does the pool water look like? Do you have water chemistry test results you can post?

Check your VS pump rpm. Bump it up 100 rpm at a time and see if the flow turns green.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.