Rectangular gunite pool shot crooked

Wow, I'm impressed with the contractors owning up to this and agreeing to a full demo and redo. I mean, from your original design perspective, that is probably the best scenario. Though of course it sucks in other ways.

I'm impressed. And it all comes out like it's supposed to, I'd be sharing the name of that builder with everyone to prove that the right thing can be done. Kudos to them for owning it and doing the right thing here.

I would have liked to hear the builder asking the people responsible for the mistake how it happened.

This was where they made the mistake. They put the long side forms down and made sure they were equal distance between each other, but they never checked the edge of the form back to the house one last time. The left form was pushed 10 inches too far down at this point and they just continued based off that.

1632921842754.jpeg

Reactions: JamesW
Well I’m thrilled for you they agree to doing it right. So there’s that. Still sad in general tho.
I do feel for the excavator even though it was his mistake because he is on the hook for demo, cost of plumbers coming back out, cost of rebar/gunite. The pool builder is not the one eating it so I can see why they were agreeable to redoing it all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.