Recording Test Results

Uncle Salty

Gold Supporter
Feb 3, 2017
South Carolina
Just curious if y'all are keeping history on your test results and what you're using? Is there a app available or some kind of excel spreadsheet available online or are most just keeping a journal of some sort? Am I overthinking the whole thing.

Last edited:
To each his own really. I'm a bit picky and seem to have a spreadsheet on just about everything at home. :) Along with Poolmath, I use Excel to keep a simple history of my pool care like this snapshot below:
Capture.JPG

I add comments to remind myself of what I added and how much, or any other significant events. In this image, I kept my CSI on the low end because of some calcium issues I suspected I had.

I have 5 years of records. I don't write them all down, usually just 3 or 4 comprehensive tests per year to see trends. I started out writing it down and then moved to a Google spreadsheet on the cloud, which is handy because I can open it on my phone or tablet from anywhere. Another member created a pool logger here, I made a pool logger

I have 5 years of records. I don't write them all down, usually just 3 or 4 comprehensive tests per year to see trends. I started out writing it down and then moved to a Google spreadsheet on the cloud, which is handy because I can open it on my phone or tablet from anywhere. Another member created a pool logger here, I made a pool logger

I started using that pool logger a couple of weeks ago and it is really good!!

Christina
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plenty of tracking things with Excel goes on here, but with the pool for some reason, I enjoy keeping it old school with a spiral notebook. Can't believe this will be our 5th season already - and probably will finish out notebook number one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.