Recommended test kit and source

Jun 5, 2016
Richboro, PA
So, I do not know what I may be doing wrong, but I read that the TF100 test kit is the one to use. Where can I find it, how much does it cost, and what does it measure. With all the emphasis in this forum on proper testing (what to and how to test), I should think that searching out and purchasing the proper test kit should be simple.

I did do a search on the TF100 on this forum. That search did result in a link for the TF100 kit, but the link took me to some site offering Taylor kits, none of which were TF100.

I have used Taylor test kits in my professional career (nothing to do with pools), so I trust them, but want to purchase what this forum uses/recommends so that I can coordinate my maintenance efforts with the advice offered here.

I am no "youngin", and I have 42 years of experience with an in-ground pool, having experienced no major problems (ignorance is bliss), no need for major repairs. I recently retired, so am now ready to jump on the band wagon to do things the way they are recommended in this forum.

My 1st step, I would think, is to purchase the recommended test kit.

I am probably making some mistake in my search, but (and at my dinosauric age) am not so much interested in perfecting my search techniques, I just want the correct answer so that I can purchase/receive my test kit and get on with it.

Advice much appreciated,

Caruso

I got my TF-100 in 2013 and can't imagine not having it. If you can, I would also recommend the magnetic speedstir. Sure helps by keeping your hands free for adding drops while the solution is stirring.

I had my test kit a whole ONE SINGLE WEEK before turning right around and ordering a Speedstir. It's not nearly as easy swirling that darned tube around while keeping the reagent bottle upside down and counting drops. The light underneath is kinda handy also when sunset sneaks upon me before I'm done with my testing. LOL

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.