Recommended GPM during SLAM?

Apr 29, 2016
San Antonio Texas
Pool Size
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi! I am getting ready to SLAM... Ph is good and ready to hit with liquid shock. Is there a recommended GPM during SLAM? I know that the pump will be on 24/7 but didn't see any information on recommended water flow.

Thanks!

full

• Haha
Reactions: kristicason
Run the pump at an rpm that skims the surface. That is sufficient.
Is it possible that 3000 rpm is what it takes for my pool to skim effectively. Hhe pool 2 years and have always felt that the skim capability was really poor and possibly do to output nozzle configuration. Pool was backwashed today.. so filter is running clean currently.

Wow. Mine skims great at 1200 rpm.

Are you fighting the wind? The skimmer really must be at the downwind side of your pool. If you are fighting the normal wind direction, it nearly impossible to skim.

Be sure your returns are set to create a slight swirl in the pool, if possible.

Wow. Mine skims great at 1200 rpm.

Are you fighting the wind? The skimmer really must be at the downwind side of your pool. If you are fighting the normal wind direction, it nearly impossible to skim.

Be sure your returns are set to create a slight swirl in the pool, if possible.
Boy I wish I had a diagram to share. Our pool is situated NW to SE with 3 returns. One is in the N and doesn't seem to affect the surface it is focused slightly SW with skimmer slightly more south. One is E/SE and creates the bulk of the surface movement, it is aimed W and the skimmer slightly NW. The last is S/SE and is focused N/NW with the skimmer W. I have tried to change the direction of the nozzles but no movement and afraid of damaging them or plumbing. Looks like my next tutorial will be on how to redirect stubborn nozzles. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.