Recommend a booster pump for my spa

wysocki

Bronze Supporter
Apr 19, 2015
Covina,CA
My 15 year old Hayward 2hp 220v froze up on my and after tearing it apart, there was a ton of rust on the motor shaft. Time to spend more money!!! Yay!!!
Can anyone make some recommendations on this please? I think that a newer pump would be more efficient than the old one so maybe I don't need 2hp? I have 5 jets that are powered by this pump (to add to the 6 jets the main pump handles). I suppose that I should stick with 220v but what are the downsides of going say a 110v 1.5hp? Brand name (Pentair, Hayward, etc) is not a real issue here since it won't be running everyday, I'd just like the best bang for the buck! Thanks!

If you'll provide the size of the jets maybe Mark (mas985) will take a look at it and see if you can go with a smaller pump.

If you're happy with the performance I'd be inclined to stay with the same model pump you have now.

The jets are just 3/4" line with eyeballs on them. It seems the 1.5hp pumps can usually be wired 110v or 220v and I'm not so sure that I'd notice the difference from my 2hp pump (that uses 15 years old technology as well).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.