Recirculate and Drain Filter

cpipher

May 27, 2019
New Jersey
Hi All,
I am a new pool owner. We finished the install this fall and swam a good bit in the unusually warm fall NJ weather. My daughter was in the pool in her wet suit less than 3 weeks ago.:)
So, we finally had the final inspection and are attempting to close. Freezing temps the next few days and the installer says to run on recirculate and empty the filter.
Iḿ out there with a headlamp tonight cleaning up odds and ends and want to do this. Can someone walk me through it real quick so I don´t inadvertently empty the pool or screw something up? I looked for a video but cannot find one.

Thanks,
Courtney

Assuming you have a multi port valve aka "mpv" you would, while the pump is OFF turn the MPV handle to the location where handle drops into the notch by the word "RECIRCULATE". Then you'd power up the pump and the water basically bypasses the filter media (no filtration) and goes right back to the pool. At that point you would open up the drain at the bottom of the filter and let it drain out completely.

Reactions: cpipher
Assuming you have a multi port valve aka "mpv" you would, while the pump is OFF turn the MPV handle to the location where handle drops into the notch by the word "RECIRCULATE". Then you'd power up the pump and the water basically bypasses the filter media (no filtration) and goes right back to the pool. At that point you would open up the drain at the bottom of the filter and let it drain out completely.

Thank you! I did that and now on to closing the pool! Appreciate the help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.