Reappearing dirt/algae and stains

Aug 22, 2017
bartlett, tn
Thanks for all the great info. I have been reading some of the forums and ordered my Taylor K-2006 kit, just received and did my first series of tests! Had green cloudy water for a couple weeks, took several samples to couple diff pool stores, I now know that was my first costly $$ mistake! First I had a lot of copper in water, not sure how that got there, used "Metal Free", took sample back - metals gone then added "Stain Free" to get rid of the stains caused by the metals. (3-4 weeks ago) Looked good for a week or so, then stains reappeared Although I did get rid of the green water. Problem now is I can vacuum, pool looks great, next day looks like really dirty again (almost looks like sand) but when i try and touch it, it just kinda floats away (not sand). Not sure if this is some kind of algae? Haven't tried to remove any stains again for fear it will turn green again and won't be able to shock it for weeks after adding stain remover. Just as a rundown of what I have put in the pool recently:
Since July 11- 12lb Turbo Shock and 2 lb. White Lighting
July 12 - added 15 lb. alkalinity increaser (5 lb every 4 hrs.)
July 14-8lb calcium increaser
July 15 - added 1/2 gal. Muriatic Acid.
My results from tests today as follows: CYA 55, TA 100, PH 7.8, FC .2, CC .6, CH 130
Fiberglass, Hayward Maxflo XL filter, chlorine pool 33,000 gal,
have used the 3" chlorine pucks since installing pool in 2017, I just purchased several gallons of bleach to begin my conversion!
I know my chlorine is way low, every since I've had the pool my chlorine levels have been extremely low and the pool company tells my, oh it's fine, you don't want to smell chlorine, if the pool looks good leave it be! Needless to say, I have not been happy with the customer service response/help from them since installing the pool. Where do I start? Shock again?

Attachments

• IMG_1036.jpg
    IMG_1036.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1037.jpg
    IMG_1037.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1035.jpg
    IMG_1035.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1038.jpg
    IMG_1038.jpg
    708.6 KB · Views: 13
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.